Right upper quadrant pain post op

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

Im now 15 days post op and mostly feel great. Over the past hour or so I have developed a very sharp pain in my rib area on the right hand side, it hurts to breath in deeply. Could this be related to the Surgery? Any ideas on what may be causing it and how I can relive it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Remeber, u had surgery not long ago......your still healing on the ''inside''. Take it easy, dont over do it!!
    • Posted

Thanks Vonnie, it's easy to forget about all the internal healing that is going on x
  • Posted

I had my gb removed April 2015 and off and on I still get that sharp pain when I breathe in; I think lots of us do, although sometimes it disappears completely.

• Posted

Hi Moonday thanks for the reply & for putting my mind at rest that this pain is " normal " hope yours is not happening too much now, it really took my breath away earlier x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.