Right wrist fractured distal radius had manipulation and wiring 6mnth ago & still can't bend wrist

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had extensive physio still not regained full movement had 1 mri there saying need a more in depth one , anyone else had simlar problem?

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise. I had distal radius fracture 4 months ago and cannot pronate/supinate at all. Seems like it's stuck! Having intensive physio too and OT. Unable to drive. Unable to work. Mine was plated and screwed. I have been referred for a second opinion but as yet I haven't had an MRI gets you down doesn't it? Feel my life is over. Consultant is querying CRPS but the physio doesn't seem to think it's full blown as I only have some of the symptoms. I'm religiously doing my exercises but it never seems to move. Have they told you what it might be? I'm dreading the prospect of further surgery. Cannot go through all that again!

• Posted

Its my 11yr daughter whos had the accident n she has been doing her exercises on the hour every hour it does make a slight difference but she can't put her hand flat onto a surface, bend it like her other wrist or turn it fully she can't do buttons on her shirt shes struggling to write for long periods etc its never ending, and i had to keep ringing to get referred back to surgeon n so did the physio , she also broke her right collar bone first day of school holidays so she feels restricted even more atm x

• Posted

Vicky, I'm sorry you have had so many problems with your injury, I just wish I knew what was going on with mine, I've been told mine was fractured which is what I choose to believe considering the problems I've had, then the Ortho said that it wasn't fractured that it was an Arthritic Episode, I've had Arthritis in my thumb and wrist for over a year now and when I fell on it I sure don't feel like it's Arthritis and after a Cortisone Injection and it got worse instead of better, felt like something was hit when I got the injection, now doctor is saying that he thinks I have Carpel Tunnel Syndrome and I know why that is because of the problems I'm having that would explain everything on his part. I had 5 doctors tell me I had a hairline fracture in my scaphoid bone but of course with it being workers comp I have to see the doctor that I picked that I knew nothing about. I know next time I will make sure I tell them I will have to do some research before I pick a doctor that I don't know jack about. My Hand/wrist situation has been going on since June 30 of this year and here it is September and I don't know no more than I did when I first went to Ortho on July 12 so I'm 3 months in and still don't know what they are going to do. I wish I wouldn't have even reported it so I could've gone to who I wanted to and I probably would've been half way at least through this even though I would've had to be the one paying. I wish you all the best of luck and may God Bless you and know that you are in my prayers. Keep us updated on your situation also.

• Posted

Louise, that is horrible. Where was the break in her wrist ? and you said had wiring I'm assuming that it was the smaller bones in your hand at the wrist right ? I hate that for her. I know when you hurt and don't know what to do to make things better and you are trying your hardest for things to be right, but sometimes the doctors don't help the situation and it's like it takes forever just to get something done for yourself or your children. I hope everything gets better and you find her some help. God Bless and I will keep her in my prayers. Keep us updated.

• Posted

I'm not 100% sure where the break on wrist was i no she was potted how the wrist apparently naturelly flops and kwiring was like a cris cross to keep bones in place, its never ending atm shes started senior school and there not very understanding shes struggling to write for long periods because she can't bend wrist, shes been for her calpol n antiflamtry medicine twice daily since last week and she hasnt needed it in months so its obviously hurting her again, i've rang school twice shes supposed to be using a laptop but so far shes not had one issued sad x

• Posted

I know schools aren't very understanding when it comes to work they've assigned. I feel bad for her and I've went through the same thing with schools until doctor sent a letter to the school board I reckon that's where they sent it because ever since they received it they've bent over backwards to accomadate my son, he has CRPS and he stays really tired all the time and we finally went for a meeting at the school last week and they had some papers wrote out to see what kind of accomadations they would need to be able to meet his needs. I just want you to know your in my prayers and I hope you find the help your daughter needs soon. God Bless and keep your family and keep us updated on what you find out.

• Posted

The wrist and the nerves in the wrist are very delicate. It can probably be safely said you have nerve damage. Hopefully, you have a good therapist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.