Ringing and pain in only right ear when near loud voices?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been having a recurring issue for the past month or two with my right ear ringing strangely around loud voices. I work at a kindergarten so I'm exposed to children shouting every day and it's not really possible to avoid. I've had some level of tinnitus for most of my life, but this is different than the normal ringing. It sounds more like an echo chamber than a ringing. It never bothers me outside of the school, but most people aren't as loud as a classroom full of children. I may go to a doctor when I can, but I'm not in an English speaking country and it's often difficult to communicate issues unless I tell them the name of some specific problems it could be. Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hiya, could be eustachian tube dyfunction, get it checked over if you can. Do your ears feel blocked at all or full? like pressure building? or nose always blocked?

• Posted

It's just the right ear, but I guess you could say it feels blocked. No nose issues, though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.