Ringing in ears?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am taking 3 drugs for AFIB - Cardiazem, Flecainide and Eliquis - does anyone have ringing in ears while on any of these ? Thanks!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deidre2016,

I am on Cardizem 90grams a day and eliquis 10 mgs a day and I did have some ringing of the ears for a few days..but it was off n on. I also had a lot of other side effects due to the cardizem I believe but all have went away as I think my body is use to it now. Been on both meds since middle of June. Hope that helps.

JayLee

• Posted

Thank you ! I take 180 Cardiazem 2x d and Eliquis 5 2x d .Been on these since June .Also Flecainide .

Are those doses doing the trick ?

• Posted

I am taking 100 mg Flecainide a day, Bisoprol & Lisonopril. I do get ringing in my ears sometimes but less now than before

• Posted

Does anybody know how long one has to wait for an Ablation on the NHS. I live in London near St Georges hospital
    • Posted

Hi Big Man, it varies, so ring your Consultants secretary for an answer. It is not well known that the NHS has a legal obligation to carry out non-urgent procedures (Ablation included) within 18 weeks of your appointment, when it was decided you neded an ablation. If you are over the 18 weeks, write to your local Clinical Commissioning Group and copy the letter to your Consultant and the Chief Executive of his hospital trust. It's also worth copying it to your GP and your local Healthwatch. Names and addresses can be found on-line. Your letter needs to point out the 18 week obligation and to make a strong case based on how your AF is affecting your life. Don't apportion blame for the delay or get angry! I did this last year having waited 6 months and I was given a date within 3 days and the procedure shortly afterwards. Hope this helps

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi Diedre, when I started Flecainide I developed low levels of high pitched sounds, which was diagnosed as probable Tinitus. Some years on I no longer take Flecainide, but still have the Tinitus, so now I am not sure. As I remember it, the leaflet supplied with the medication does mention Tinitus as a potential side effect. Hope this sort of answers your question.

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi. I take Bisoprolol, Flecainide,Eliquis,Spironolatone, and  Perindopril.

and I have PAF, to me this seems so many pills!!!

I too have ringing in my ears and I believe its the Flecainide, 

I have just started taking the perindopril the list of side effects is worrying but just hoping I will be o.k

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.