Ringing in my ears

Posted , 2 users are following.

hihi all I was just recently diagnosed a couple of weeks ago with a lipoma in the brain which has been causing me headaches and dizziness. but tonight I am now getting a ringing in my right ear that has been non-stop for 6 hours now! I'm not able to do anything or take my focus off of it because it is so annoying and I'm sure it's because of the tumor in my brain. I'm still waiting to see my neurosurgeon and a couple of weeks to get more answers. does anybody else suffer with ringing of the ears? is there anything that I can take to make it go away?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Christina

The ringing in your ear may well go away, as will the dizziness and the headaches. But for the moment try to forget about the ringing, and make sure you are never in complete silence, use ambient sound to deal with this. Focus away from the ringing.

Most people who experience tinnitus for the first time react very badly and panic, it can take a while for the brain to adjust and think this noise is of no consequence and just ignore it eventually. But hopefully yours will go anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.