Ringing in my left ear started after Thanksgiving I had a soar throat and was taking ibuprofen

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a soar throat after Thanksgiving so I took two to three ibuprofen a day bc they helped them I noticed a ringing in my left ear followed with it burning and my ear turns red and hurt. I’m so scared I’m gonna go deaf or have to live with this ringing. At times it’s not that bad but with loud noises almost brings me to my knees. I went to the Doctors and she looked in my ears and then prescribed meclizine, Claritin, and flonex. I took the meclizine and bc I have methemoglobinemia that I was born with I had a bad reaction to it the first dose and didn’t take anymore. The meclizine also caused everything to look so bright but idk if that has anything to do with the ringing or not. I have taken the Claritin for four days now and nothing has really changed.  I also have ptsd and panic and anxiety attacks and this makes those worse. Im a mess y’all Idk I can’t take a lot of stuff bc I’m allergic to a book load of stuff. Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dora, If it's a pulsing ache, it could be an infection, or the Ear trying to repair itself. Your Tinnitus in the Left Ear should die down when you get rid of what is causing the sensitivity to your Hearing. Can you cast your mind back on how this all started? AL

• Posted

Hello Dora,

I too suffer Tinnitus, ringing in the ears.  It can be brought on by stress, so maybe because you suffer

from anxiety this has happened to you.  My friend has been under a lot of stress this year and she now

has it too.

There is no cure for Tinnitus, but I hope yours does go.  Had mine thirty years.  Sometimes a cold and

blocked ears can cause it too.

Anne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.