Ringing in my right ear for about 3 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

In 2008 I was in a car accident.  Was hit from behind a driver who was drinking.  4 cars involved and thank god no one was killed.  All I remember was hitting my head on the steering wheel and then after that I do not remember anything.  Seconds later I heard my daughter ask if I was okay.  Look up and it was all over.  Then in 2014 I was getting ready to sit down on my lawn chair and the lawn chair went back and I hit the back of my head on a 2x4 and was bleeding.  Everything went white it just was so painful.  My husband called 911 and the EMT'S said there was a gash that needed to be stitch but would not be noticable, my hair would cover that area.  At that time we had no health insurance but we do now.  The EMT guy knew and said if I started feeling nausauated or sleepy etc.  Then I should got to the ER. I just felt very judged, because of not having at that time no insurance.  I do not drink at all, the chair just went.  Now, about a year later and this ringing in my ear is just unbearable!  Feel dizzy, hard to walk at times, feels like I am dying.  Have not been sick at all and I eat right and take care of myself but this ringing I just cannot take it anymore.  Headaches are unbearable.  Just not a fan of doctors and I have read alot of articles of alot of things it could be.  I do have a thyroid problem and a abcess on my lung.  So, I think I am just scared to go.  My doctor is young and he misdiagnose me when I seen him last year.  So, I do not have alot of trust with him.  Read alot about ringing in ears and heard alot of people with this problem, never got the help they needed.  Spent alot of money doing so and got no where.  CT Scans, MRI, a ear doctor.  Now, I am having trouble making a decision on what I should do.. I probably sound like a person with alot of excuses but the ringing is interfering with my concentration.  So, if anyone in the Elkhart, Indiana area knows of a good doctor who cares about his patients, let me know.  I am 61 years and I am so miserable. 

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sadeyes,

My grandparents lived on Bresseau! If he is still in practice Dr. Frinfrock ..

Ok, tinnitus...yes, one can feel like they are going to be driven crazy.

White noise can help...it wirks by distracting your brain, enticing your brain to pqy attention to the white noisr rather than paying attention to the tinnitus.

Repetitive sounds, i e. white noise:

water falling, rain, leaves rustling ...my personal favorite is rain...you find these on compact disc

You turn the volumn low...it is meant to be soothing.

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Hello,

When I first discovered I had tinnitus I thought I was going to go

nuts.

I searched for natural remedies and cures on the internet so I would

suggest you do the same to find something that works for you.

Make sure you consult with your doctor first before taking anything.

This is what helped my symptoms.

I take melatonin (which also can make you sleepy) and advil gel cap.

I also take zyrtec for allergies (gel capsules work better and faster for me) which also triggers my tinnitus.

Also try white noise.

I also took aspirin once a week to get rid of the fullness feeling in my ear.

Ear wax build up can also create issues.

I hope you find this helpful.

• Posted

You are not alone in this. Im miserable too. im down to prayer and nutrients. Some days i can do it and others i want out. Its horrible. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.