Ringing in right ear

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I have had a constant ringing in right ear for nearly a week now and it never goes away.  Today is the first day it has started to affect me and I am feeling sick and having headaches and my ear feels completely blocked.  I cannot see a doctor till Friday and the longer its going on the more worried I am getting.

Can anyone advise me please

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane, it sounds to me like it could be your sinus's but when you go to GP they will look in your ears (obviously!!) and it could just be wax.  The thing that concerns me is the fact you feel sick, but then if you do feel dizzy, then that would all add up.  I hope for your sake it isnt tinnitus :-( Not a nice thing to have.  

I hope you get on alright tho on Friday.  Let us know what happens.  X

• Posted

I just had one a few minutes ago and everything here is quiet, mine is like a high tone with a slight fullness, in lasted in a few seconds, this happened twice this day, it did happend before rarely, Idk what it is I hope not serious.

try closing your mouth and nose and blow to pop your ears and see if you'll find relief.

• Posted

hi Jane, good luck on your visit today. Hopefully yours is from a ear infection and /or ear wax. 3years ago after gp and 3 ent's , I mentioned I was diagnosed with menieres disease . Unfortunately mine will be a life time struggle. Low sodium, limit caffeine, nicotin, and excercises are the only thing that helps. I do get some periods of relief , but when the imbalance attacks come they are crucial. Please let me know how your visit goes, maybe you can shine some hope !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.