Ringing in the Ears

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I went to my doctors 3 weeks ago because I was feeling dizzy and had nausea, and the doctor said I had Labyrinthitis which is an inner ear infection. About 2 weeks into it I started having a ringing in my ear which has gone on for like a week now, I'd give it about a 6/10 on loudness. I was wondering if the ringing will go away or is it permanent now because I've started to get worried about it.

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do you have any hearing loss? Usually if you have no hearing loss, tinnitus (the ringing) will go away. If you do have hearing loss, you should go see an ENT and get an audiogram done so that the ENT can check what you're problem might be.

I got tinnitus from a bad cold about 3.5 weeks ago, and the ringing was intially pretty bad, but it went away. But I'm still stuck with this weird, clogged feeling in my ear. 

• Posted

No I've had no hearing loss it's the same as yours really, just my ears sometimes feel clogged up like they have water in and the ringing non stop. How long did yours last?

Thanks

• Posted

It should get better over time but not necessarily go away completely. I would suggest making a trip over to the doctors and getting them to examine your ear again.

Also I saw your other reply to the other person, and I had the exact same as you! It always felt like a mix of pressure changes and being in water to me. One of the most irritating things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.