Ringworm- need help

Posted , 5 users are following.

help! I've got it all over my body. My doctor prescribed the terbinafine oral pill and I'm using ketoconoze topically. I'm on day 2 of the pill and my spots are growing and increasing in number. I would like some glimmer of hope but it's hard when I'm not seeing any improvement. Does anyone have any success stories on these medications?

Thank you!

Erika

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi,

2 days is way too soon to see any progress, by 4 weeks you should have wonderful recovery, just give the medications time to work (2-3 weeks average). The prognosis of this infection is very very good.

• Posted

There are ringworm medications out there, ringworm is usually a light headed infection, its very treatable and as many things you can do, ringworm is head only , ringworm does not grow all over the body, i think you have a more serious infection. You need antibiotics.

• Posted

Hi Erika,

Just wanted to share my experience so at least you know you're not alone.

Started treating ringworm on my arms and two spots upper chest on 9/11/21 with otc cream.

Over the next few days, more spots appeared (stomach, buttock, chest), and I went to doctor on 9/15/21; was prescribed oral terbinafine and econazole cream.

Since then, I've had a few more apots appear and also red bumps that may/may not be lesions. Also noticed redness in pubic hair,- shaved to discover 3 lesions there that were never itchy.

Today will be day four of the pill. I've not been sleeping well and have lots of anxiety about this.

Side effects from the terbinafine so far (which I was and am scared to be taking) are currently lack of appetite; I don't know if my lack of sleep is juat from my anxiety or the drug too.

I have seen improvement in the original lesions after a week of treating tbem, but it's discouraging to see new spots come up when I'm being so careful!

I'm washing sheets each day (on hot and with borax), changing my clothes multiple times a say, drying off carefully after ahowering, etc.

And of course, I've been cleaning like maniac.

So you're not alone!

I'll definitely give more updates

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.