Ringworm of the scalp

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a raised itchy and painful bump on my scalp. I pluck a hair out, it is brittle and looks vaguely fuzzy. The skin area around the bump is reddish and has some scaly patches. I think I might have a fungus in the scalp. What can I do to relieve symptoms and get rid of the fungus? Thanks.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Have you ever tried grapefruit seed extract for that? I had ringworm on my body last 3 months and some people suggested using this remedy. I diluted a few drops of grapefruit seed extract into one tablespoon of water and applied it to the patches twice a day. My ringworm reduced visibly after several weeks of use.
    • Posted

I have never tried grapefruit seed extract but I'm considering using an antifungal cream. Many people seemed to have had luck with it. Thank you so much. 

• Posted

Use Fugacil. Last year my 5 year-old son had ringworm on his scalp due to his spending too much time with his dog. He got red, scaly rashes and intense itching, which made him scratch his head all the time. At that time, I went to a drugstore and bought this cream. I applied it into his scalp 3 times a day and about a few days later, his ringworm was completely gone. Give it a try
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I know this cream but I have never tried it for ringworm treatment. My girlfriend had nail fungus and got it treated successfully with this. I wondered whether it could work for ringworm fungus but now I think I should give it a try. 
  • Posted

I've never tried any antifungal cream. But I heard many of my friends suggest using Fugacil to treat fungus. Ringworm on the scalp is one type of fungal infections, so I think it may help with your condition.

• Posted

Hi I'm having the same problem was wondering what did you use ? How long did it take to heal? Thank you

• Posted

I used fugacil cream, I applied it 2-3 times every day. It didn't work fast as some people told, but finally my infection was gone. During the first week, it just relieved the redness and itchiness on my scalp until 2 weeks later it started healing. Quite slowly, but it worked.

• Posted

I had fungal rashes and many other fungal symptoms in my private parts, and I got them treated successfully with this cream. It healed my infection in less than a week. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.