Risk assessment for Return to work

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am due to be staged return to work. I teach teenagers with complex special needs. Often they exhibit physical aggression. I am post op THR of 16 weeks. I was set back by the avulsion ( tearing) of stitched muscles at site. Are there any recommendations you can suggest to either refrain from doing when i return to the classroom.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

try to just take one day at a time. don't speed around just walking is all you need to continue on your healing path. bring your reacher , toilet lift , seat pillow to sit higher. sitting to long not good, try to get up and walk around the classroom. and bring any other aide you would need. ask the class to be careful . maybe draw a pic of the surgery and detail the trauma your poor hip has been thru . ask for help when you need it.

i have had three hip replacements. every surgeon never goes into all the struggles we hippies face after surgery . there should be more follow up after surgery. we are not bionic women we are healing from a very aggressive surgery and surgeons never treat it for the horrific surgery it really is or all the recovery connected with it.

there is short term healing 6 to 12 weeks depending on a myriad of issues.

then there is long term healing 12 to 18 months some can be up to 2 years.

be sure to wear new soft soled shoes and good supporting arch. this is 90 % of the healing with walking correctly with a good gate to get you thru the healing period. if you need a walker or cane bring them too. ok that's all I can think of for now.

sending healing blessings your way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.