Risk of colon cancer after gallbladder removal?

Posted , 5 users are following.

is there an increased risk of colon cancer after gallbladder removal? And is there anything you can take to help stop it? As I know bile acid constantly drips without the gallbladder there. So is there anything you can take to neutralise the bile acid?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

good luck,
    • Posted

Iam 50 years old and you should not worry about other people and get jealous about other people. You are a live and winning the game. I pray that I will live to your age with all my problems, but I am very happy in life and you should be also.
    • Posted

I'm 32 this year so was 24 when I had my gallbladder out which is apparently unusual for someone that age.
    • Posted

Would you recommend taking bile salts/supplements?
    • Posted

Are you overweight, do you eat out a lot. these are the contributing factors that can cause your problem. It can also be heredity, if you parents had it also.  Let me know
    • Posted

I wouldn't say back then I was overweight did probably eat quite a few of the wrong things plus drinking alcohol as you do when you are young. No none of my family have ever had it. I heard bike salts were to help the liver so it didn't have to work so hard and supplement cleansed it.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

look, it had liver cancer and my doctors at cedar sinua one of the best hospitals in the world, where all the movie stars for in west los angele said stop taking supplements, the food you have has everything and you might damage you liver.  It is up to you but if I were you stay away from everything .You have to accept this is you situation and deal with it.  sometimes doing nothing is the best move.
  • Posted

I have never taken bile salts. why do you want to put more junk in you body.  the more supplements you put the harder you liver has to work, it is already working harder since it always puts out bile now.  Just change you diet, that simple, no sweets, eating out, red meats or caned foods. lots of water. try it for about 3 months and let me know what happens. I have been dealing with this for 13 years and I am doing fine as long as I stay on my diet.  
  • Posted

I have many friends with their gallbladder removed and not have ever had colon cancer from it. You might have to be on Nexium from the acid build up, that is it and diet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.