Rituximab

Posted , 6 users are following.

HI, I have been diagnosed 3 years now and everything I have tried doesn't work , in fact, one injection gave me cancerous lumps. Now I'm told they are going to try me on an intravenous drip with Rituximab which I'm wary of. Recently I have lost a family member due to RA so maybe I am being over cautious, however, has anybody else been on this infusion? I am taking just 5mg of Prednisolene now daily which is great, what do I do, go with it or stay as I am?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i was on it for 6 infusions - although it didnt do anything for my RA it was the biological that was the easiest to deal with for side effects .

during the infusion i took a massive dose of presnisone before and benadryl during , while infusing very slowly ( 5 hours in all)

and my body reacted well to it ( i guess allergic reactions are common )

my heart rate and blood pressure was very low the day of the infusion , i also got very pale and was EXTREMELY tired .

but that is it .

we stopped it because it wasnt helping the RA .

that being said i would look into it if i was you, although your treatment plan is working for you now - it isnt ideal to take steroids long term.

good luck !

• Posted

Hi Rayzor im on Rituximab as well started last year so not really sure how im progressing, as it can take 2 to 3 months to kick in , when it did i had about 4 months being resonably ok, just had another infusion im told this could last longer, while having the med it makes you extremly tired to the point of dropping off but you actually dont, i did nothing but sleep till next infusion as they are a fortnight apart but after that ok, not long had it so im still having flare hopefully it will calm down, try it youve nothing to lose but everything to gain good luck

• Posted

Yes. I was on it for two years. Worked like a dream.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.