Rivaroxaban

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi could anyone help me please? Ive been on rivaroxaban 20mg for 12 days so far as part of my medicaton for my AF  but since being on it ive noticed a definate muscle fatique & weakness. I have been informed of bruising easier but nothing was mentioned of how weak i could feel. I carried some shopping from the car to the house the weekend and the next following four days i felt like i been in the gym for hours, is this just a temporary thing & if so how long does it usually take for things to start becoming more normal? thankyou.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dean,

I am 2 weeks in with Rivaroxaban having been changed from Warfarin, I also experienced muscle fatigue and weakness today the 15th day is the first day I have felt a bit better, so hopefully the feeling has been temporary and there will be more improvement in the coming days.

Good luck.

L.

• Posted

Hi Linda,thankyou for your reply. Thats good news, this will hopefully keep me more positive in the following days, I hope you keep making improvement & that the fatigue & weakness will soon be a thing of the past, take care, Dean.

• Posted

Hi Dean,  not sure which country you live but in New Zealand there is an 0800 free healthcare line which you can ring anytime hopefully you may have the same type of help.    I really think that if there is a change in how you feel especially muscle fatigue and weakness that you should have it checked or look up the side effects on google for rivaroxaban.  Hope this helps,  Moira.

• Posted

Hi Moira, in the uk dont think any numbers available unfortunately. Yes i agree with you, best to have these symptoms checked out if only for reassurance really,thankyou for your response i'll make an appointment get them checked out,thankyou.

• Posted

Dear Dean0612

Since my stroke in 2013 I've had extreme exhaustion. I'm on warfarin and statins I have been to see every professional possible without success. I'm told it is because of the stroke. Like you I can't carry anything and have bought a shopper something I didn't think I would need for years to come. The only thing that helped me was having physio in the children's swimming pool. I organised and financed this myself. I feel as if I could sleep all day I lack energy and constantly yawn. The medical professionals say it should improve by itself. My aunt suggested I took B12 as she found it gave her a lot of energy I checked this out with my gp who advised against it because of my other medication which was disappointing. I hope you feel stronger soon take care. Therapy Girl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.