Rivaroxaban (Xarelto)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anyone get blood spots under the skin while taking Rivaroxaban, or any of the blood thinners.

L x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Any blood thinner you take will cause you to bruise more easily.  Very common side affect.
    • Posted

Thanks Suzanne,

They are spots some as big as a pin head some as big as a drawing pin head and I get them all over me.

they only look like a bruise if I knock myself.

• Posted

I would check with the doc who prescribed the blood thinner just to put your mind at ease. 
    • Posted

Hi Suzanne,

Took your advice and managed to get hold of the Arrhythmia  nurse at the hospital and she said I need to be seen and to contact my GP on Monday, especially as I am experiencing other symptoms.

Thank you

L x

• Posted

Hi Suzanne,

Saw Locum GP this morning he was onto it straight away, and immediately put things in place to take me off Rivaroxaban and back on warfarin, he said at least we can monitor that, and concluded that all the health problems I have been experiencing in the past few months were down to my intolerance of Rivaroxaban.

Just have to wait now for app. with anticoag nurse.he had INR done you have to take both apparently for about 3 days, 

L x

• Posted

Could be caused by the blood thinner but also could be just cherry angioma which are more common as we age or put on weight and are very noticeable on very pale skin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.