Riverroxaban about of bloodstream after 9 hours

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello just wondering if anyone has this. Basically I take my Riverroxaban at 9pm 20 mg got my blood checked at 10am and there was no sign of Riverroxaban in my system

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Not sure I quite understand this (although the question looks obvious enough).  It was my understanding that you could not test riveroxaban for efficacy. Is there now a test to see how it is working, or are you testing for presence of riveraxaban? 

?If it's the latter, then I seem to remember that the half life of riveroxaban is pretty short (4-6 hours?), meaning that half of the dose is eliminated after that time. So, if half life for you is 4 hours, then I guess it is possible for all of it to be gone in 9 hours. Does sound kind of short though. 

If you mean efficay, I would imagine that, even after the riveroxaban has cleared your system, it takes time for clots to form, so there would be a latent protection until the next dose (??).  Don't know for sure - just thinking out loud....

You could switch to warfarin if you want to measure it, as warfarin is measurable for efficay. However, it has an incredibly long half life (48 hours ish?) and is a pain in the backside to manage, as it's as sensitive as a 15 year old having a meltdown and the latency makes it very difficult to adjust.

All drugs have their own issues. I would just stick with what you have if it is agreeing with you.

• Posted

Thanks for that I thought had a 24 hour life so if you take one daily roughly same time you should be covered because the half life is about 7-9 hours which makes It 31 hours. I don't know how they test for it. It was new to me

• Posted

Just got a phone call of my GP said don't listen to him must be a student doctor can't get tested for rivaroxaban he said not to worry

• Posted

I am surprised it is as quick as I had to come off it due to ear and nose bleeds. Now on Apixaban which is twice daily so not so concentrated. They tell you to stop either 48 hours before an op to ensure it is out of the system. A new tablet is due shortly that will have a near instant antidote which these do not have.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.