Rls for about 10 years now

Posted , 4 users are following.

My brother use to come over and visit and his leg was always jerking, kept telling him to quit and he always said he couldnt. Found out he had Rls and now that I too have it I know what he meant. I startd out with Ropinrole and still on it but I am up to 10 mg a night and thinkig that pretty soon that dosage is going to have to be higher. So hard to sleep with this problem

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ropinorole low dose, I believe is 500mg, average 2000mg (2g), maxi 4000mg (4g) so I am confused by your dose of10mg. Can somebody confirm or correct these doses as it’s a long time since I was on Ropinorole. If a Dopamine Agonist (Ropinorole) stops working, increasing the dose usually leads to Augmentation and must be avoided. Google RLS Dopamine Agonist Augmention if you are not aware and beware that most GP’s are ignorant of the risks.
    • Posted

All I know is I was told 10mg is high and I had to fight to get that
    • Posted

Sorry Verna, I’ve just looked it up and normal maxi dose for RLS is 4mg so I have got my numbers wrong! You are on a high dose as you say and if it’s not working you need to come off it but VERY slowly and with medical advice. If your GP doesn’t understand Augmention you may need to ‘help’ him, most of us have had to. You need help and advice and will need Tramadol or similar to get you through what is going to be a tough few weeks. Read up on RLS and Dopamine Agonist withdrawal, you may find RLS-UK website helpful. There are hundreds of us going thro’ this problem and you will find loads of support! Good luck,

John

• Posted

Hi Verna,

have had many sleepless nights due to rls, was getting desperate. Did not want to use medications due to side effects. So during those sleepless nights I scoured the internet for some relief. I stumbled across a site for essential oils. What I found were recipes for rls relief so I could sleep, I thought what do I have to lose. Picked up the oils at a store that does the mixing for me, Escents Aromatherapy Canada. Along with 300mg Calcium citrate, 1-1 magnesium.

Grape seed oil 100ml, lavender 16 drops, cypress 16 drops, lemon 12 drops, rosemary 12 drops, and juniper berry 8 drops.

Massaged oil into my leg and wore a heating pad for 30 min. In the evening. Massaged oil once again into my leg just before bedtime and took one pill of the calcium citrate.

I slept like a baby no leg activity or pain at all during the night, I was so ecstatic I did the happy dance, I will continue doing this nightly because the oils are not harmful to me and the calcium/magnesium are also part of my new healthy plan to sleep better.

Had to share and hoping this works for you as well, too all a good sleep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.