RLS in children - advice please ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all...I have just been informed by my daughter (who also suffers with RLS periodically) that my 4 years old grand-daughter is exhibiting signs of RLS - she is also speaking in her own way of the exact things we all speak of with this horrendous ailment - as a sufferer of RLS myself (I shall give an update in another thread) this news has made me want to cry - for such a young and beautiful child to be afflicted with RLS is a nightmare thought and so I am asking if anybody has any information or advice as to where we should go with this ? My daughter has only just become certain of this although there have been some indications that something has been troubling my grandchild for a while now,with lots of waking during the nights and wakefulness in the wee hours etc - we`re going to speak with a doctor but unless he/she is aware of the terrible toll RLS can take it may well be put down to a childhood "phase" or something not to be concerned with etc - I don`t wish to "do the medical profession down" but many of us know how this can be dismissed etc - any advice will be greatly appreciated please ?

Thanks...Steve.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I’ve had luck with chelated iron and magnesium pills. I’m not a doctor so I’m not sure about giving those to kids so I would ask the child’s doctor first but I figure it’s better than prescription pills.

honestly, it’s worked for me so I hope it works for her too! 

• Posted

Thanks for the replies and information...I will be check out the links.

Steve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.