RLS nightmare

Posted , 3 users are following.

So been on gabepentine for 3 weeks now and have only had 2 nights oof rls. 2 nights were very mild and the rls was very little and a walk around and back in bed helped. Fingers crossed I will get it less and less now

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh, that's good. That's just with the gabapentin, is it? Do keep us informed.
  • Posted

This sounds really promising.

Just for other people's info

The Horizant brand is also used to treat restless legs syndrome (RLS).

The Neurontin brand is also used to treat seizures in adults and children who are at least 3 years old.

Use only the brand and form of gabapentin that your doctor has prescribed. Check your medicine each time you get a refill at the pharmacy, to make sure you have received the correct form of this medication.

but I draw your attention to the following warning.

Some people have thoughts about suicide while taking this medicine. Your doctor will need to check your progress at regular visits while you are using gabapentin. Your family or other caregivers should also be alert to changes in your mood or symptoms.  from http://www.drugs.com/gabapentin.html which appears to be a reliable web site.

Goode luck but speak to your doctor about this aspect.

• Posted

Thanks Graham,

I will keep everyone informed of how I am getting on with Gabepentine.  I will also keep an eye on the suicide tendencies.  I dont want that feeling.  I take 1 a night, ny GP said I can take up to 3 a day.  But I dont feel I need them in the day, unless my RLS gets worse,, I did tell her that sometimes I get RLS early evening

• Posted

Good Luck

I wish you many sleepfilled nights.

Cheers

Graham

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.