RLS, RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME

Posted , 5 users are following.

RLS AND COPPER BRACLETS, SOME SWEAR BY THEM, ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS, I BELIEVE THERE WAS ADD ON THIS SITE,

HYCYLON BRACLETS, MY SPELLING MAY  BE NOT QUITE UP TO PAR

£20 A PAIR 1 ON EACH WRIST WHEN NEEDED, I AM NOT SURE WHAT ABOUT YOU LOT.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Neurologist explained to me its a lack of Dopamine in the brain therefore nothing but a medical intervention is proven to work.
  • Posted

I have just had a total knee replacement which as you would imagine makes sleeping difficult and combined with RLS, makes sleeping almost impossible. To my surprise my Doc told me about Sifrol (Pramipexole hydrochloride) and it has made a hell of a difference. I haven't looked up the side-effects and I am sure there will be many, but perhaps not as bad as the efect of not sleeping
  • Posted

A VERY restrictive change it your diet can sometimes give complete relief for some people. There are some posts from graham9772 on this forum regarding the low FODMAP diet. It's worked for him. I've had complete relief years ago when I was eating mainly vegetables and brown rice with very little seasonings or just plain. Not something I was able to maintain for very long but was able to lay down and go to sleep on my back and wake up the next morning having never moved all night. Something that had never happened before. I think there is definitely a connection with how and what we eat. I'm sure what we eat probably affects the dopamine levels in our body as well as levels of iron, magnesium, calcium and other minerals. If you live by yourself, you might try no sugar, caffeine, artificial sweeteners, fried foods, spicy foods, dairy products, foods that cause gas or bloating for a week and see what happens. You could also check into the low FODMAP diet if you think it would work for you. Good Luck.
  • Posted

I have tried the copper bracelets, NOT worth anything as far as I could tell.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.