Robotic Hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

My doctor wants to do the robotic hysterectomy. Can anyone give me insights on this type of surgery? How was your recovery? Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My recovery from tvh and anterior repair was so straight forwArd hun.

I have no experience with robotic but I know the recovery is a lot quicker.

I'm sure you will have more ladies to answer.x

• Posted

Hello,

I had robotic hysterectomy in December. I am 54.  First week of recovery was ok then terrible back pain.  I had a pre-exisiting condition - degenerated disc at L4-L5.  I requested physical therapy for my back which helped immensely.  I was released from PT about a week ago.  I basically have to keep working on my core body strength.  The other surprise is "swelly belly" and subsequent weight gain.  Good luck with your upcoming procedure.

• Posted

I had robotically assisted vaginal hysterectomy (LAVH) using the Da Vinci method 2 weeks today. I’m very lucky my surgeon could do it this way as I had a very large external fibroid. I was in the hospital one night. Recovery hasn’t been bad. You will be tired, exhausted. So sleep. I have a high pain tolerance so pain wasn’t too bad. I had 6 small, one inch incisions on my belly which have healed quickly.  I am still getting a bit of bleeding and discomfort, but only if I over do it. You need to remind yourself not to over do it. I’m so glad I avoided abdominal surgery as recovery for that is more intense. 

Let me know if you have any questions.   Nik

• Posted

I didn't have a lot of my pain after my robotic hysterectomy which was for cancer and I also had 16 lymph nodes removed. I spent one night in the hospital then did have soreness and tenderness in my belly area. 3 months later I still have tenderness if I wear something snug around my middle. I believe it was much better than having an incision. Good luck, you will be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.