Role of accupuncture in psoriatic arthritis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Any one having any experience of accupunture in psoariatic arthritis

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am usually "pro complimentary therapy" but I once tried acupuncture when I developed Plantar faciitis as a complication of PsA ...i would not recommend that! It was awfully painful because the therapist actually inserted the needles into my painful feet and occasionally " twiddled" the needles. I cried & cried. Ilm not sure she was fully qualified and I'm sure if a very good therapist were to treat your entire body it could be very beneficial. painful experiences put you off though, don't they? Good luck & please update if you decide to go ahead

• Posted

Thanks for the update, I would let you know after I have gone through it and would request the therapist not to touch the sore areas.
    • Posted

Accupuncture is expensive and I have used it in the past. Not very effective.Would not use it again.
  • Posted

I have had psoriatic arthritis for more than 30 years and I am willing to try anything to relieve the symptoms. I did try accupuncture once but found it to be completly ineffective. I have great difficulty laying on my back for any length of time as I can no longer completely straighten my legs. Due to this I found the whole experience very uncomfortable and I was very disappointed that it had no decernable effect. I won't be doing it again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.