Roller Coaster Ride

Posted , 3 users are following.

Having been thru this way too many times which truly stinks and this HOPEFULLY is the last???????? ( all hurt this one has put the last 5 to shame ) As time moves on this has and continues to be one helluva a roller coaster ride lots of hill and valleys. Sometimes the pain is really not bad bearable is a good word and then you have days when the weather changes like today where I live Richmond Va a cold front came thru temp dropped looks like it could rain at any time and my knee feels like garbage. The picture that Chico has concerning the recovery is spot on. Needless to say today is a not a good one knee is just throbbing away YUCK!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Wow, sorry to hear. I hope this resolves soon and you feel better fast!

• Posted

So sorry.  I can relate, although this is my first TKR.  I’m not going to say last Because I may have to have revision.  But my other knee will not be cut open!  That I will promise you.   Feel better from NC
  • Posted

Hi so sorry that you are having a rough time I’m 9 weeks this Thursday and it’s been hell had physio yesterday and today I could cut my leg off 2nd k Ed beds doing but I’m having to put it on hold as I can’t face that pain 

Good luck stay strong and keep positive x

• Posted

We are within a few days of each other yesterday was 9 weeks for me. There is nothing about this surgery that fun and whether its your first or in my case #6 ( biggest difference between 1 and 6 the amount of pain goes way up ) There are some days where it still hurts but not the kind of pain that drives you nuts like the pain I have been in the past couple days. If I do pretty much minimal activity I can somewhat control how I feel but who wants to do nothing?? I enjoy walking but right now a half a mile is about max before it gets miserable. Sitting in a car short trips are okay 30 + or - minutes round trip okay. Now if I go to the store on top of the driving I am begging for issues. My daughter works part time and to get to her job is 20 to 25 minutes one way yes I could take her there but by the time I got back home pain wise I would be miserable so her mom takes her ( divorced ) I honestly feel compared to the other replacements I have had I am at least a good month behind recovery wise from the others, yes I do things but sometimes I would rather be in pain then bored from doing nothing. I really hope no one here has to go thru what I have been thru and yes I know even if its your first knee replacement ( hopefully last!!!! ) it is going to hurt and somedays its going to hurt alot!!. The way this has been for me I almost wish this was my first replacement because pain wise it redefines pain and not in a good way. Hope you and I and others continue to improve really wish the improvement part was faster then the slow motion recovery I am in.
    • Posted

Yes nothing worse then being board the pain I can’t stand the stiffness I can’t stand I thought (how stupid) that once it was done I would be on cloud 9 what a joke I know it’s going to take time but just so fed up with it 

And the thouyof the other knee being done I can’t face it yet I think I will leave it for as long as I can  I like this page as we all give experience  and support to each other so keep strong and stay positive 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.