Rolling Hernia/ paraesophageal Hiatus Hernia!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello.

Last week I was diagnosed with prolapsing gastric muscosa and a paraesophageal Hernia after my ensodcopy. 

I'm a 21 year old female, I was just wondering will I have to have surgery? I've read that paraesophageal (Rolling) hernias are less common than sliding ones and they require surgery.

I do want to get rid of it because everything I eat and drink upsets it and I become in a lot of pain! Especially alcohol and at 21 I don't really want to be giving that up just yet. Has anyone ever had this surgury before and what is it like?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I just had surgery for paraesophageal hiatal hernia yes you will definitely need surgery if it stranglelates you will probably die from it if they don't catch it in time I just had the same surgery on march 25 2017 I'm not going to lie very painful but in the long run you will feel much better do it trust me .Only 5% get this type of hernia paraesophageal it was was best thing to get it done I'm still in a lot of pain I couldn't eat I as soon as I eat I would feel like I at a huge meal I couldn't burp I couldn't throw up is really an upside down stomach DO THE SURGERY 

• Posted

Hi Tammy

Thank you for your reply. I think I will have the surgery just because of the amount of pain I am in. How long did you take to recover because i've got so many holidays booked this year!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.