Rolling Hiatus Hernia & 270 Fundoplication Op

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

Thanks so much to the posters of previous hiatus hernia and reflux op posts, they've helped massively whilst I've been researching the procedure.

I'm going in for the 270 wrap and rolling hiatus hernia repair next Thursday (28th May) and wondered if i could ask those of you who've had this op what prep I should be doing now - did you freeze lots of liquidfied food etc?

Would be really grateful for any tips you have.

Thanks.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yeah Poppy, it's over! You are going to get tired of this soft food diet but the worst is behind you now. I ate about six times or more a day when I was recovering, small bits each time. There is inflammation down there from the surgery and that needs to settle down . Applesauce, scrambled eggs, yogurt, pudding, soup without bits and surprisingly graham crackers are all good. The crackers just melt in your mouth and are very soft . Take your time to chew everything well . My op took two hours so three hours is more complex I'm guessing. You will find you can sleep on your side soon. I stil burp differently, my surgeon told me that I would never burp the same again. He was right. I'm so glad you have had the operation and now you can pamper yourself . 

Judy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.