ROM to treat GA

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on the ROM treatment for my GA (which I've had for about 2 years) and it seems to be fading some of the spots. I have not had a new breakout since starting so that is a great sign! I don't feel it has anything to do with diet... as I have never been allergic to anything and I had not changed anything in my diet when I started getting the ring areas on my elbow and thigh. I also took antihistamines for a while which did nothing, as well as steroid creams, oral steroids and steroid shots which also had no affect. Anyone else having any luck with the ROM treatments ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I don’t know what ROM treatment is.  Please advise. 
  • Posted

Did the treatment a couple years ago and didn’t do anything for me. I hope it does for you. 
  • Posted

ROM therapy is 3 different antibiotics taken one time month for 5-6 months. There are some side affects, mine have mostly been just crummy feeling and a little dizziness the first day or two. Then no problems after that. The combination of antibiotics are:

Rifamptin, 300 mg, 2 capsules (1x month)

Ofloxacin, 400mg,1 tablet (1x month)

Minocyline, 100 mg, 1 tablet (1x month)

• Posted

Thanks for the info. I’ll check into it as nothing else has really helped in the last 3 years. 
  • Posted

I will be taking my 3rd dose of ROM this weekend. I have seen no improvement and have had a bad outbreak with intense itching the last month. I saw my derm last week and he is putting me back on daily Minocycline twice a day along with the ROM. He feels you need to have a minimum of 3 months on it. It's fantastic you have had results with it.

• Posted

That is what my deem said as well- it is a long term treatment. I go back next month after my 5th dose. I am happy with no more outbreaks, and the ones I have are turning to deep purple. I hope that means they are in the end stage. Definitely not an instant cure. Have you had any side affects?
  • Posted

I have not had any side effects, but am sure anxious to not have any new outbreaks. The itching is so intense with new spots!! I'm optimistic!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.