Room tilting??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have any of you experienced the room tilting? 

It happens mostly after I stand up and take a few steps. Like I can take my glasses off to wash my face then put them back on, starting walking, and it tilts from side to side. Or this morning I stood up out of bed and started to walk and it tilted side to side again. 

It's pretty fast when it happens but it's scary, nonetheless. 

Anyone else?? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Is the room actually tilted it just you feel like your tilted? I have left side tilt when I walk and sit. It feels like the floor is tilting when I walk. All these crazy symptoms make no sense. I just keep walking and try not to let it get to me.
    • Posted

No it actually tilts from side to side. It has only happened about 4 times within the last 6 months and each time it only lasts for a few seconds, say 1-2. It tilts left, right, left then goes away. It happened this morning when I got out of bed.

It doesn't go upside down. Just to the side, as if someone picked up whatever was in front of you and placed it on a wall to your side. Almost like a pendulum swinging. And it always goes left, right, and then left again.

I'm currently being tested for MS and I've had 2 MRIs within the last 5 months of my brain and no lesions were found. So Idk if this is a part of Ménière's disease or something else.

• Posted

I hope they get it figures out. I'm sure that's scarey, I would probably be a wreck, I'm not good at having things wrong and waiting is the worst for me.

I had an Mir 6 yrs ago and had a white matter lesion on the frontal lobe but they said it wasn't ms and migraine related.

I hope you fell better

• Posted

I had that happen to me before. Feel like if you fall your not sure if you can find the floor. Good thing the hallway to the bathroom in my house is narrow enough I can put my hands on both sides. Was told it was all part of the bppv. I think they had no idea and just blamed it. Why I got more tests done.
    • Posted

The room tilted for you? It's so crazy how all this stuff happens

• Posted

The worst was 3 days when things moved. Like a hallucination. Wall paper boarder in my hospital room moving like a conveyer. The clock moving with it. Was so weird. Why it's so frustrating they can't find anything wrong. How can you see things moving that you know are not. And not have something wrong with you. Lol. Then be sent home and expected to go to work.

• Posted

Yes really! Lol I see things move if I exercise then stop moving everything keeps moving. But it's insane what they expect us to push through.

• Posted

I experienced room tilting especially when I complete my physiotherapy exercises so there is an element of predictability there for now. But my ENT consultant agrees that this is likely to worsen over time and this is really frightening to think about. I tried to get back into work after a period of long term medical sick leave but could not as that seems to set off alarm bells with my past employer (NHS). I tried to apply for DLA and appealed but got rejected as I did not match their pre set criteria. Apology if this is not the right forum but has anyone filed for bankruptcy yet and how has this been. I need to prepare for any eventualities. Please share your experiences.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.