Root Canal 2 Months Ago- Strange Sensation

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a root canal done on a front incisor about 2 months ago. According to dentist, everything was "textbook". Had some discomfort for the first 48 hours, then everything seemed fine. The next week I had some sensitivity which was correlated to my wicked sinus infection. Took some antibiotics and everything seemed fine after that. A week ago I started to have a strange sensation in the tooth. Best way to describe it would be like a pressure(like when something is stuck between your teeth and you need to floss) or a feeling like it's loose or it doesn't belong. Called the dentist who did a tap test and xray...everything seemed good. He said he thinks it's just healing. Still have the temp filling on. Just wondering if the strange feeling is "normal".

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

No, it is not normal. They say that it will go away, but what happens is you pay for the crown and post, it is still there and then they say to pull the tooth. I just went through similar, only much worse. They botched the RC and it left my lip and chin numb. I was in pain for almost 3 months, on anti-biotic that long. I had that same pressure with the tooth as well. I ended up with another dentist and having it pulled. He had to scrape the bone due to infection and do bone grafting as well. Pain from the tooth is gone, but not the face numbness. If I were you, I would not follow through yet on the post and crown. Google and read how many go through the pain and cost of RC and finish only to have the tooth pulled anyway. The dentist will tell you about 10% of RC's fail. What aggravates me, is when they are told by the patient something still hurts or don't feel right and they say its normal, they finish the procedure, you have to pay for it and then if you still complain, you are told about the 10% and to pull the tooth.

Good Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.