Rosal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone had the iSTENT inject inserted and has it helped lower pressure, and do you know if it is safe over the long term? Any info would be appreciated. Many thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It takes a long time to know the results of something new.

• Posted

Just learned from the National Glaucoma Foundation that these stents were voluntarily removed from the market by the manufacturer. Call your opthalmologist.

• Posted

Thanks, Lester. Are you talking about the iSTENT? I know the CY-PASS stent has been recalled. This I think is different.

• Posted

The I Stent has been widely used, Glaukos website has several references, which report a good safety profile and effectiveness. A five year study results were recently posted in Helio confirming a long term reduced IOP. I will have the IStent implanted next week, and am hopefully it will be successful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.