Rosuvastatin

Posted , 1 user is following.

This thread is by no means advice just my stent story which may help others or give them hope.

I'm 64, stented and Just had two-years of hell on Atorvastatin and Clopidogrel after a stent was fitted. Briefly, i was a handy marathon runner but this all went pear-shaped after having to take this medication. I'm not criticising the drugs or the NHS as they have saved my life.

I have hypercholesterolemia so diet made no difference to my 8.5 and rising cholesterol level and 90% blockage. 

I persevered with the drugs and added some CQ-10  as i was worried about muscle damage, can't be sure if it made any difference but i don't care, my running is my life and willing to try anything.

After two-years i was taken off clopidogrel and within 24hrs i felt great, such an improvement. Then on my final hospital appointment i complained to the consultant that i suffered terribly in the morning with a feeling of a hangover and constant muscle aches and pains. He prescribed Rosuvastatin and i started to take it each evening. I was amazed as the next morning i felt like a new person and although its only been a week my blood pressure has returned to normal and my aches and pains are disappearing slowly. I realise i may still suffer side effects so will continue with the CQ-10 but keep my fingers crossed i can return to quality running again.

Just like to thank the NHS they're fantasic

In conclusion; i realise statins are controversial and a dirty word to the people who take or are about to take them. If you cant reduce your cholesterol level by changing your diet then hang in there and try to find a statin more suitable for you.     

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.