Rotator cuff and slap bicep tendesis

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 17 days out of rotator cuff and slap bicep tendesis surgery and absolutely miserable. Sharp stabbing shoulder pain throbbibg and numb for arm and an arthritic hand. They just don't prepare or explain this will happen to you in advance

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

YIKES...I might be better off just having the tenotomy done, where all they do is cut the tendon...a small Popeye muscle might be better than the pain everyone seems to be having.
  • Posted

I agree. I did not have what you had exactly but I did have calcium deposits removed from the back of my right shoulder as well as a 95% rotator cuff tear with anchors in place. I’m a 59-year-old active woman, and to be in this much pain after, and unable to do anything for myself, I was miserable as well. I’m 13 weeks post op tomorrow’.

The only thing I can tell you is be patient and within 4-6 weeks after surgery you will feel better. But from what I’ve read it takes some people 12 to 14 months to be  completely pain-free.  

Hang in there! It’s a brutal surgery 

• Posted

Yes if I had to do it over again that's what I do

• Posted

I am sorry to hear about that. Hope you feel better. Yes I am nervous about the recovery after surgery, but I have to have the surgery so I have no choice. I guess all we can do is trust the doctors and hope for the best. 
  • Posted

It takes time, and patience. Lots of frustration and tears, but it will get better. My doctor also told me nothing of the severity of recovery. I would suggest reading the posts here, they were very helpful to me to know if I was where I should be. I am 11 months, still achy sometimes, but I'm accustomed to it. Good luck.

• Posted

Hey thanks for your support maybe you can answer a question for me I'm having any normous pain in my hand and can barely move my fingers are so sore did you experience this

• Posted

Yes, for a while and I asked about it and they weren't worried. It did go away on my surgery side. Now I have issues on my left hand though. Go figure!

• Posted

Thanks so much for the reply and that's encouraging I'm more scared about my hand on my shoulder this juncture I couldn't find any association with it online and you're the only one that replied so I thank you I'm doing hand exercises I'm anxious for it all to go away good luck to you as well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.