Rotator cuff lead onto acromioclavicular joint degeneration

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I had a rotator cuff injury back in August with persistent pain in the front part of my shoulder.

I've had x-rays, mri and a ultrasound which found inflammation in my joint.

I've been doing stretches and strengthin routines with resistance bands.

I've ended my physio because they can't do anything else but I'm getting conflicting diagnosis from my gp and physio.

Physio says it's Acromioclavicular joint degeneration and says its not arthritis and the gp says it leads onto osteoarthritis?

Been having trouble with work because I get pain when raising my arm above my shoulder and they want me back on the sick.... is it arthritis or not and if it is I shouldn't be forced on the sick because of it should I ?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I also get painfull clicking in the shoulder but have been told it's nothing to worry about. I'm 30 years old.

• Posted

Ok, I'm a Hanna somatic coach and I work with people who have SMA (sensory motor amnesia) in their muscles. Simply put their muscles have forgotten how to relax or lengthen keeping them contracted , short leading to inhibited movement re joints etc. When you have an injury the body compensates and other parts get used to help but what happens is you loose a percentage of the working muscle when you repair your body works again but not firing on all cylinders so to speak, so like your car it needs a service to get back to its norm; and this is where Hanna Somatics plays a huge part. Google it depending where you are you may find a practitioner locally. These are movements that you must do yourself for everlasting psinfree movement unlike when you go to physio/osteopathic etc they deal in passive treatment which only lasts temporarily. These movements work and correct and once you have learned them you know them for life so it also will save you a fortune in the long term. Hanna somatic coaches look at your whole Soma (body) and get to the root of your problem . Broken bones etc need to be sorted by other medical procedures. Good luck and let me know in a week or a month or so depending on your progress. It can sort out frozen shoulders and sometimes when you're told you have arthritis, often that is just an answer given to everyone like a virus when they don't really know!!!!!

• Posted

Hi Brian

What you have is called impingement where The supinations muscle runs through a Cartlidge like tunnel this muscle can gets inflamed and pushes onto the wall which then gives you impingement you cannot lift your arm from bent elbow to straighten your arm above your head Best treatment for this would be to see a osteopath and plenty of ice on shoulder hope this helps David

• Posted

Hello Brain,

I was having similar issue. Here are few exercises you can try:

Doorway stretch: After warming arm stand at a doorway and spread your arms out to either side so you are holding onto each side of the door frame. Hands should be below your shoulders or slightly above your waist height. Lean forward into the doorway so that you feel a stretch in your shoulders. Do this by shifting your weight onto your toes. Hold this position and return back on your feet.

Side-lying external rotation: Lay on the floor on your side. Keep your arm along your body but have your arm bent at the elbow in front. With a light weight in hand raise the weight up to the ceiling with your arm and elbow always on your body. Once lifted bring it back down in front.

Reverse fly: Stand with feet shoulder width apart with knees slightly bent. Lean slightly forward with your back straight. With a light weight in each hand extend arms away from the body as if you are a bird flapping your wings. You should feel your shoulder blades coming together. Bring arms back down in front and repeat.

Lawn mower pull: With the use of a resistance band have opposite foot of injured shoulder on one end of the band to keep it down and hold onto the other side with the affected shoulder. Feet should be shoulder width apart. Proceed with a motion as if you were starting a lawn mower – start down and pull up keeping your elbow tight to your body but moving in a backward motion. Once contracted release back down and repeat.

• Posted

No. I I have a pinched nerve in my neck and arthritis also there. They said I need surgery and or. I done my own pt because they didn't do much. It took more energy to get there. I couldn't raise it at all and now it's better than the other one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.