Rotator cuff surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm due to have a repair of a full thickness tear and bone shaved next week, has anyone had this done? How painful is it post op?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Suzanne

I too am a Suzannesmile my hubby had surgery for two torn tendons, rupturing his rotator cuff nearly four weeks ago and I am so surprised at how down he is and how much he is sleeping. He is not great at communicating and I want to understand the difficulties he is facing and the extent of the pain he is experiencing, maybe you could advise having been through this yourself. He is seeing the surgeon this Friday but he thinks the op hasn't entirely worked! We were given so little after care advice after the operation at the hospital and I think we are both surprised the affects this has had on him, he says it's much worse not than before the op, is this normal. Any advice you could offer would be appreciated...many thanks in advance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.