Rotator cuff surgery

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had right shoulder rotator cuff arthroscopic surgery in October. why does my left shoulder hurt. some days it's worst then the right. I still have some pain in the right. but don't under stand why the left one hurts.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Have you told your orthopedic doctor? It could be overuse of that shoulder due to surgery and loss of use in the shoulder you had surgery on. You may need to have it looked at for issues in that shoulder as well.

I get pains in my other shoulder as well but luckily the pain is very slight. If it continues I would have it looked at. Always good to talk to your doctor. Good luck!

• Posted

I have impingement in my left shoulder and it radiates to my right No clue why!!$

• Posted

You are probably using that shoulder a lot more and for stuff that you would normally use both or switch back and forth.. What kind of pain is it ? Dull, ache, sharp ?

• Posted

it fluctuates mostly at night in bed its sharp but during the day its dull

• Edited

I had mine done about 3 years ago. It does take a very long time to feel right, I'm afraid. Try propping your operated arm on a cushion when sat down, likewise in bed.

I am able to use my arm much better now, although have to be very careful not to exert it. If you are able to have a follow up appt I would speak to someone on your surgeons team or GP. Please don't rush yourself as it really takes time to heal. Rest and look after yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.