Rotator cuff surgery nerve pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am starting on 10 weeks and i am having a set back from doing well. I am having nerve pain shooting from the shoulder to elbow to lower arm and into the wrist. Is this normal?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had rotator cuff surgery four years ago and at ten weeks was really struggling with all sorts of strange pains, particularly elbow issues and nerve pain. The good news is the overall outcome was excellent and worth persevering with any exercise programme you are given. I found that following an exercise session I felt I had gone back a few steps, but I think that is pretty normal from reading other experiences and you need to just be patient - which was probably for me the hardest thing. Good luck.

• Posted

The ulnar nerve can really get agitated being in the sling for so. long. I am 9 months post op and still dealing with pain/numbness in my elbow/wrist and down into my fingers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.