rotigotine

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on it for two days now and I have seen no improvement. Im on the patches and I was wondering when does it kick in and whats everyones experience with the patches in general. Many thanks for help 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I tried for one day and got "stoned"  in a few hours.  But is worked!  I think the 2 mg is too high for me.  However, my insurance won't cover and it's $564/mo out of pocket.  Rats.
    • Posted

I am on 2mg. Maybe thats way its taking a while to kick in its my second day on it so far. 
  • Posted

Been on patches for over 12 months, starting with 1mg, then 2mg and 3 mgm, disappointed that 3mg stopped being effective, now on a parkinsons drug Sinemet 50mg/200 mg. have experienced awful side effects insommnia, upset stomach, shaking, now in process of going cold turkey for 4 days then going back on patches on 1mg for 2 weeks, upping eventually to 3mg. Think I came off patches too quickly

• Posted

Hi, 

I started on Rotigotine 1mg then 2mg and finally 3mg which I now couldn't live without! Please note carefully where you put them on your body as I wasn't so careful at the start. My skin is reacting in some places and this causes a kind of blistering, but I'd rather deal with the skin reaction than be without them. It maybe that you have to move to a higher dose. But hang in there because if they work for you it feels like a miracle! 

• Posted

Hey Sashalou I was wondering when you started felling relieve
    • Posted

The effect was immediate once I started on 3mg and has continued for around 18months now.
    • Posted

I guess it isn't working on me. I still have the symptoms and I've been on it for a day and a half. This is so annoying everytime I get a new poll i think it could be the one out it isn't
    • Posted

Go back to your doctor and ask for higher dose. Fingers crossed that will be the answer and give you a normal life. I soooooooo sympathise with you but 3mg could give you the relief you crave. Keep posting I really want to know how it goes for you.
    • Posted

What I didn't mention was that the progression from 1mg to 3mg was probably over a 4 week period not months. You could ask your doctor for 1mg to wear with the 2mg to see if 3mg works for you - I am pretty sure that is what I did.
  • Posted

Is Rotigotine patches on prescription or can you purchase it in a chemist please Thanks Patricia
    • Posted

I believe the patches are only available on prescription and they are quite an expensive treatment for the NHS to provide.
  • Posted

My husband has suffered from RLS for a very long time and nothing seems to work long term for him. Our GP prescribed Rotigotine patches which were recommended by a neurologist my husband saw. He started on 1mg but very soon needed to go onto 2mg and a short time later he had to go up to 3mg. The 3mg worked really well on his legs but suffered the side effect of having hallucinations. Under the GP's instructions he was weaned off them but is still suffering from this awful side-effect. Has anyone else suffered from this and could you please let me know how long it takes to get this drug out of the system? I would be very grateful if anyone could help. Thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.