Roud, large and hard lump connected to my viginal opening

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 15 and ever since the first time I have seen my vigina there has always been this lump connected above my vaginal opening. It has grown with me, and doesn't look different compared to when I first saw it. Sometimes I can even feel it when I sit on something hard. It's really hard and I don't know what it is. It's about one cm in diameter. It never hurts or anything. What is this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Did you show this to a doctor? I really think you should show it to one.
  • Posted

It may be one of your Bartholins glands which are the glands that produce lubricating secretions for the vagina. It may be blocked and at some point you may want to ask your doctor about removal.  these are very common.

However it could be almost anything,including just a lumpy bit of skin so it would be best if a doctor had a look . if you are in UK your GP surgery would be quite happy for you to see a female doctor,or even for you just to see a practice nurse. At 15 you are quite entitled to see a doctor without a parent,and it is totally confidential.

Have you asked your Mum or a female relative to have a look?

• Posted

I live in Sweden and I haven't showed it to anyone. And I don't want to show it to my mom or anyone like that, it's too embarrassing. But where do I find a doctor or something that I can show it to? I live in kungsängen its it's near Stockholm.

• Posted

I dont know how the Swedish health system works,but are you registered with a family doctor? 

If this is a blocked Bartholins gland then it may not cause any problems for years. As you mature and when you start having sex,  at some time it may become infected and then it would become painful.......by that time you may not be so embarrassed about seeing a doctor.  If it stays the same just try to ignore it.

• Posted

The thing is I already have a boyfriend, and I rather just operate it away or whatever I have to do now than wait for it to get worse. It might be a bit embarrassing to show it to a doctor, but I'm sure I can do it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.