Rough area

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all

Been finding it hard to get out of a bit of a flare up of late. Been following my usual remedies but coming and going if you know what i mean. when applying oils ive noticed the usual area between my bottom and vulvar entrance feels on the rough side and wrinkly but it isnt white its brown in colour. Any advise?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think you're describing the perineum and a fairly common spot for LS. It was the most obvious area in my case and has been the most long lasting. I can tell by feel more than sight. Re brown I think I have read that skin typically turns white but sometimes dark. I would call and speak with the nurse at you gyn's office to see if it warrants a look by the doc. Despite not being a very large person I find it nearly impossible to see with any clarity what is going on in such an awkward spot. Very frustrating.

• Posted

It is the area i had initial problem with when i was diagnosed last August. It was then white and brown patches. I have appt with my doc in a couple of weeks regarding this and other things as i think im going thru menopausal symptoms. Night sweats doesnt help matters down there!

• Posted

Wow, I'm impressed that you could actually differentiate white from brown patches in such a small difficult to see area. If you aren't using hormone cream already I would discuss it with your doc. Mine claims it was the lack of estrogen that caused my LS. Personally, I think that's just a theory as many women still menstruating get LS as do children.

In the meantime you could go to a health food store and look for a wild yam cream or whatever they suggest.

• Posted

haha! well initially the gyne told me that but i could see it. Thanks Beverly think theres a combination of things. I was put on a prostrogen pill for a year to give me rest bite on periods as so painful. It has helped but ive definately noticed a dryness so something is going on

• Posted

I was wondering if you have looked at the discussion-thread on this site. "An Experiment with Borax"? It was a life-saver for me! The Borax protocol stopped all of my symptoms, and I had them all! I have had two joint replacements recently and each time as the symptoms reared its head, the Borax stopped it!

Sincerely, JoAnna

• Posted

I have tried Baking Soda( Bicarbonate soda here in the UK) a couple of times i should maybe do more regularly. Thanks for advise

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.