Rough bumpy skin on face. Please help!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I used this benzoyl peroxide on my face for about three days in a row. I developed rough feeling all over mu face along with redness tightness and itching. I also developed a rash on my whole body. It has been about 3 days since it showed up? it also feels warm. This had never happened before. 

Will it go away and what can I do to relieve it? 

Thanks and be well.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Is this to help relieve acne?  BP is fairly agressive however what you describe should settle down in a while.

You could use some fairly neutral cream such as Nivea [other brands are - no doubt - available!

• Posted

Yes I am recovering from bad acne caused by a medication which I discontinued. I wasnt prescribed it but u dont need a perscription it is actually an old product from some years back. I believe I also hsve developed more sensitive skin over time.

I put coconut oil on my jaw line bc I want to see if it causes clogged pores before I put it on my whole face. It feels almost normal there. It is getting less rough I feel like it was just a bad drying out from oy and that it will recover with some time.

Thank u for your response smile 

• Posted

Have you read this leaflet?

https://patient.info/medicine/benzoyl-peroxide-for-acne

I also read about it on Webmd and wondered whether you are actually allergic to it?  What you describe, sounds like an allergic reaction.  I would stop using it and use Nivea and see if things improve, if not, then go to see your GP

Is the benzoyl peroxide prescribed for you or did you buy it otc?

• Posted

Yea I think it was too harsh for my skin I stopped using it and I have a gentle cleanser I use. I am recovering from bad acne caused by a medicine I was on and its actually an old product from some years back. I believe I also have developed more sensitive skin over time.

I put coconut oil on my jaw line bc I want to see if it causes clogged pores before I put it on my whole face. It feels almost normal there. It is getting less rough I feel like it was just a bad drying out from oy and that it will recover with some time.

i will never use benzoyl peroxide again!  Haha

Thank u for your response smile 

• Posted

Hi

I have found the best cleanser ever and cost next to nothing. Buy some rose water dilute it with water in a spray bottle and apply/wipe with a makeup pad. Best thing is it also tightens the pores.

I have sensitive skin and it does not adversely effect it. If you are not allergic to roses you should be fine. I even wipe my eyes with it. If your supermarket does not stock it Asian shops often do, if not you can buy online.

Regards

Gloria

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.