Rough Night

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Lovlies,

I know I am post all the time and it sounds redundant, but I come here as I have no one to really vent to. I have decided to seek counseling for the anxiety. I am scared of everything and that's not good.

Anywhoo,

I had a rough night. I woke up every hour literally with my body clammy and gown damp from sweat. Ialso had crazy vivid dreams everytime I dozed off. I know it sounds silly, but some of my dreams are scary. I'm starting to think that my fears are coming out in my dreams. I have to get up now and get my family to work and school and I have to admit that I am scared to drive especially since I have to be alone after they get out the car. My nerves are not good this morning and I am trying to keep my anxiety down but this is going to be a hard one.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jamie

i really feel for you because I was exactly like this before Christmas everyday was a very bad day with high anxiety and panic attacks. I too sought a councilor and I am so glad I did, you are so right about the dreams, it as to come out some way, I'm still seeing mine but I have progressed really well so we are going to have bigger gaps between sessions and filter them out that way, I would go for it if I was you. I was exactly the same, I was so scared been on my own.

i also got done natural remedies to help relax me and I started excercise get in January and this as also helped, I am determined that I am not wasting any more of mine or my families life on this. Xx

• Posted

Thanks Sue,

I feel the same way. I am learning to work through the anxiety attacks, but my fears have become really strong. My family don't complain (at least where I can hear them) but I know they are growing tired of me always asking them to ride with me and go everywhere with me. I was never like this before. I never had anxiety issues until I started with these symptoms. I have antidepressants but don't want to depend on those. So I definitely going to talk to a counselor. I don't always have the bad thoughts but the days that I do, it's really hard.

• Posted

Hi Jamie

Please dont think you are alone in this,  I have gone through the same anxietys and very weired dreams, I am also on Anti Anxiety tabs,  and they do help that I promise, but I have turned to god in prayer everytime I feel afraid, and it lifts my spirit and Im able to get through the fears,  give it a try,  Its not for all of us, but talk to him like you talk to your friends and family and ask him to take away your fears and give you courage and strength for the day, and maybe your anxiety to be alone and afraid wil calm,  

Hope you feel better soon love...

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I have been prescribed an antidepressant. I didn't really want to try them but at this point, I may have to do that. You are right about prayer because it works. I ask for strength and healing everyday. I knew my anxiety was bad and I thought I had a handle on it, but soon realized that I need more work with it. Its just so overwhelming being as though I never had anxiety issues. I am usually the strong one. But these symtpoms hit me like a ton of bricks. The anxiety is the worst symptom of all.
  • Posted

I really understand the night sweats. They are so brutal! A few things that have helped  me a little are, I take estroven everyday. I am thinking of  taking two a day to see if I can get a litte more relief. At night before I go to bed I take a Unisom and a Melatonin. It helps though I still find I am up 4 or 5 times with extreme flashes. My most valued relief comes from a Chinese fan I bought in San Francisco. Excercise is very important for stress relief. A good walk or an hour at the gym gives you a little more confidence and makes you stronger so that maybe you can deal with all of the stress. Thats another thing. I find that stress multiplies my symptyms so avoid it whenever you can. I hope that this misery is just temporary and according to what I have read your body wil compinsate for the loss of the hormone suppliment in due time. I hope and pray that is true. I have not suffered the extreme anxiety that you are dealing with. Some kind of therapy would be a really good idea.
    • Posted

Hi Beverly,

Thanks for the response and support. I am certainly going to get some professional help for the anxiety. Everything else i am dealing with as it comes. I seem to get the night sweats when i get my menses which i finally got today after two days of spotting. I hold onto the thought that one day this hormonal change will be done.

• Posted

Wow we are alike.

last night I had very vivid disturbing dreams too. So much so I'm still feeling unsettled.

You know what... For most mornings the minute I drop my little girl to school and I get out of the car that's when I start crying too, HATE being alone with my thoughts too. 

fYI I kept waking last night too, but with aches and pains, back was aching then chest etc.

I commend you for getting counselling, I was told to as well but never did.

Did you get really bloated after dinner last night(or now as the case may be) ?

I only ask due to our talk yesterday , I did last night so I figured you may have as well !

Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Yes we are a lot alike. I didn't want counseling because I kept telling my family I am not mental. But the fears have really taken over. I hate to admit it but I'm not comfortable at all anywhere unless I'm at home. I go to the stores and rush to get back home. I absolutely hate driving unless it's close to home. I just don't want to be alone especially when theselecting symptoms are in full effect. I've gotten a little better, but there is a lot that needs work. The dreams I had last night were so disturbing that I'm trying not to let it play on my mind. I did get a little bloat last night after eating. Haha. I had been staying away from sugar, to see if that was a trigger, but it wasn't. I don't know what triggers anything anymore. These symptoms have a mind of their own.
  • Posted

Just curious, how long has it been since you began your descent from bio identical hormones?
    • Posted

Hi,

I'm not on any hormones. My GP thinks there is nothing wrong with me. He just gave me a script for antidepressants when I was having an anxiety attack in his office and told me to see a GYN, which is the only thing he said that we agree on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.