Rough time after getting Urolift 7 days ago. Concerned.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Last Thursday (7days ago) I got the urolift done. I went home with a catheter. I removed it the next day but was unable to pee. Just thick brown blood clots and debris in trickles.

Went back to doctors and they put another foley catheter in and sent me home for 3 days.

Went back to doctors to have this one removed and later was able to void. Burned but was able to go with no straining to start a flow. In fact it didn't take a lot of effort. My urethra and prostate were and are sore. Feels like swelling to me. I don't know.

Today is the 7th day and I'm drinking about 8 glasses of water and earlier this morning peed a few times ok.

Now at 4:00 PM it's harder to go and the stream is weaker and it hurts. Is this part of what you go through after this operation. I expected it to continue getting better or is this happening because of the catheters I had and the irritation caused from it in addition to the prostate and urethra healing. Ihope this is just part of this healing process. When I'm sitting I feel like I always have to go.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had the Urolift 10 months ago and never had any of the problems that you speak of. I went home without a cath and never peed any blood, but i did have burning for a week or so. I had to remain on Rapaflo and have since switched to Alfuzosin. Therefore i consider my Urolift a FAIL!

• Posted

Can't say it was pleasant for me. I had clotting so bad I had to manually remove the catheter myself the first day. I was in incredible agony. I track my sleep with my apple watch and I got up 27 times to void the first night (8 hour period).

My suggestion is drink even more water. I was pounding down 8-16 ounces every hour while I was awake. That seemed to reduce the clotting and easier to void. The first 2 weeks were pretty rough for me. By comparison my PAE didn't even feel like I had anything done but unfortunately it didn't work and I went with the PAE.

Keep in mind more water = more urination but it definitely gets easier. The doc had me on some medicine though that made my pee look like it came from a smurf and gave me such loose stools that I had to give up on it.

• Posted

I,m really fed up with all the positive reviews urolift has out there. All about money. The options I have left would be terrible. I'll hope that it gets better. Iwas told to still take alfuzosin which i have been doing.

• Posted

Urolift seems to be getting some negative feedback lately. I had Rezum in December and have been happy with the results so far.

• Posted

One thing very positive I can say about it is there was no ED impact. My flow is better but I am still getting up about the same number of times a night. Maybe a bit less. I void pretty much completely as well. My doc put me on a over active bladder medication that he thinks will help after a few months.

• Posted

First few weeks you will feel like its the worst mistake you have ever made. Then it will get slowly better with luck. I had mine 6 months ago, going in to another Doc today to see if something went south with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.