Rowing machine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had TKR just over 2 years ago. Always thought this was a forbidden piece of equipment but read something in a book that says it is good . Do any people have any experience of TKR and using rowing machines? Thanks in anticipation.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi John. I had a TKR 6 months ago and when I went to physiotherapy the rowing machine was the first thing they put me on, so I’m sure it’s ok for you. Sharon 
    • Posted

Thanks Sharon. Been 2 years in ignorance. Im getting back to the gym very soon. Don't know where you are but saw a TV program here in the UK which said rowing machine was the best for weight loss. So will be trying it gently in the future.Hope your own knee is doing well,still early days.

• Posted

I’m a rower and at 6 months I was back on the water last week! Been using rowing machine for a while and far as I can see it’s good - not weight bearing but encourages bend and flex ion. It just means in a boat you might row a bit shorter than you did!! 
    • Posted

Thanks Pibpaula. No boats for me unless somebody else is rowing!
  • Posted

Thinking along the same lines but on a cross trainer,not sure as you do push with your hands and also push down with your-knees to a certain extent do know if would damage the knee on a cross trainer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.