RSD

Posted , 6 users are following.

Went to Ortho appt today, wasn't good. He diagnosed me with RSD. Thought I was going to go to a boot, but instead I got another cast for another 4 weeks. My head is spinning.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Leelee

So sorry to hear of your problem.  I had no idea such a thing existed.  Several years ago I had an auto immune problem which was vasculitis in my legs which ached so much and I found walking so difficult.  I was given prednisolone (steroids) to get rid of the inflammation in the blood vessels.  It took a long time but did work and I still take a very small dose of steroids to keep me in remission. I wonder if your problem is the result of inflammation too.  I thought my old problem might flare up after my ankle break but it hasn't thankfully.

When I had my cast on for 6 weeks I knitted a small toe section of a sock and put it over the bare toes. It kept them warm and I think helped with the blood circulation.

I am making good progress now and am particularly well in the morning but get aching in the foot and leg and use one crutch in the evenings.

Doctors have different ideas about treatment and all we can do is follow what they say and hope it is the right thing to do.  Hope you improve and soon feel better.

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your setback.  I hope it helps to know you are not alone,  progress is not at the same rate for everyone.  Be brave and patient.  hard to do this when you normally lead a full active life.  I'm sure in due course you will make the next steps to recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.