RSD question, please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have RSD and for the past 3 days I have had vertigo (dizziness), buzzing in my ears, and nauseous. Anyone else experiencing this? I am kind of freaked out.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leelee

i have RSD too as you know. I haven't had what your experiencing but if the pain or stress is high anything is possible. Do you have other health issues that could be causing it?  I have Hasimotos with thyroid and these symptoms are present with that. Maybe see your Dr I really hope he knows about RSD if not, I suggest you find a Dr that does. In the meantime try and relax, breathe, rest, relax and hope it goes away. Do you think it's flu bug?  I hope it settles down soon.  I have had that from time to time and don't know what causes it so be gentle on yourself.   Take care of yourself. 

Jannie 

• Posted

Thanks Jannie. I am perfectly healthy other than this. I see the doctor next week and I will talk to him about it. I did some research and found that they can go together. Or maybe some sort of flu, I don't know
    • Posted

Sometimes stuff just happens so hope it goes away. I get it too from time to time try and just go with it as best you can. How's your foot doing, when is your cast off??  Take good care 
    • Posted

That is kind of what I think Jannie. Hopefully, the cast will come off next week. It has been such a long time and so uncomfortable. How are you doing?
    • Posted

Be prepared for your foot coming out, skin will come off in sheets, just don't rub it off - gently just let it slough off and puts loads of cream on it, your foot will feel verY odd at first. I'm just starting in my airboot to walk across my living room past few weeks in my walker several times a day. I can stand a few minutes in the kitchen doing dishes and cooking.my foot still does not bend much Physio is working on that and I have 45% to go I'm at 25%.   I'm still in a wheelchair. At first when you put your foot down it will throb. Try and keep it up in  the beginning otherwise it will swell a lot and be very painful. How is your pain? I'm in good treatment for that now with gabbapentin and ketamine cream, working well.....

Keep me posted, I'm making small progress but very slow but progress none the less. I'm here if you need any help with questions Leelee, I'm coming up 16 weeks.  Take good care, Jannie 👣👣

• Posted

I was going to ask you if the swelling was as painful once the cast comes off, guess it is. Still having a lot of pain, I think we need to try a new med. The one I am on makes me really tired and foggy. The only real difference I have noticed is the stabbing pain is a little better. The burning and shocking feeling is still horrible. I swear the material on the in side of my cast hurts. I have now developed swelling behind my knee, which the nurse said is normal as long as I don't have calf pain.
    • Posted

The cream I have for pan is put on at he base of the spine, you might tell him or her they use it for RSD with good results. You will most likely have to desensitize your foot, using light strokes, towel, anything to get the foot to toughen up gently. Mine is doing pretty good now but it was unbearable at first. Your early diagnosis will help a lot better chance of remission and getting function  again. That is the challenge Leelee.  Google RSD or CRPS and see everything you can on it, it sure helped me.  I'm not walking yet but I'm very encouraged will small victories.  Keep on, Take care. 
    • Posted

Thank Jannie, for everything. I will ask him about the cream. Is that the ketamine cream?
    • Posted

Gabbapentin with ketamine 10% 3 x a day on base of spine the size of a grapefruit. I'm also on LDN 3 mg at bedtime that helps the nervous system calm down your Dr may or may not be familiar wth these treatments since RSD is basically not known. Lucky I have a Dr who is and happy I'm getting good results with these two treatments. Also your swelling will be worse if your foot is down a lot. Gradually build up to this it took me two months but I'm still having it with a purple looking foot. RSD usually has a different colour and looks shiny......keep me posted 

your doing great!! 👣

• Posted

My toes are a purple blue color and shiny, UGLY! I told my husband they look like they are rotting off. My doctor seems very knowledgeable about RSD, he talked to me at great length about it, the problem was my head was spinning.
    • Posted

I know my head was too - good your Dr on board. Good YouTube clip on it is Dr C deepak on treatments for CRPS (RSD) see what he says about the cream,....will really help with pain and burning. They always offer antidepressant which I refused, LDN is working good on brain function and mood.......keep informed. Your toes and feet will settle down mine is worst when my foot been down a lot......take care 👣

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.