RTHR twice in 14 days, 10 weeks p.o. with thigh numbness and pain

Posted , 11 users are following.

So, I have, well had, avascular necrosis in both hips. The right one was definitely worse. I had a thr on Aug 30, 2016, it became infected and on Sept 12, 2016 the took most of the hardware out and replaced it. Now 10 weeks post op and I have a lot of upper thigh pain and numbness from the top of my thigh to my knee. Walking is painful and difficult. Feels like I am sitting on a roll of paper towels! Not looking forward to having the left one done, and will not ever let this doctor touch me again.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Brian...did you by chance take any medication for osteoporosis?

Twice I have dealt with osteo necrosis...intensely painful, infections that went on and on, long term repercussions.

Perhaps you will consider gel packs from the pharmacy..no ice, no leak, flat so kinder, hold cold longer...I would suggest medium rectangular, four so that two are freezing while two are out. Intense icing will help...hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.