Rubber Band Ligation - Fell off an hour after the procedure

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I have really bad stage 3 internal hemorrhoids that prolapse everyday and bleed badly. I've had these prolapsing now 2 years, every day. They're getting worse, never better, and it's getting more painful to push them back in. Daily hygiene is time consuming and I'm forced to clean the blood off the toilet every time. I have no external hemmoroids or fissures. I had my first exam this week and the doctor gave me a full exam. Afterwards, she stated "you have so much tissue I'm not sure there's anything outside surgery that will work." She sat there thinking to herself and said "we could try banding but I'm not real optimistic it will work." She went and spoke to a surgeon for a 2nd opinion and came back and said "well, we could try banding and see what happens. There's nothing really to lose". So I accepted and she did one band telling me "I got alot of tissue. We'll see what happens. We'll schedule you for 4 week's and if it's successful, we'll do 2 more that day". Well within 15 minutes of leaving her office, I could feel some pretty bad pain and I felt like I really needed to use the bathroom. I got home, went to the bathroom, of which there was nothing, but as is always the case, my hemmoroids prolapse out and I'm forced to push them back inside. When I did, the band she had just put on, was stuck to my finger. It fell off. While I was kind of relieved because the pain instantly went away, I was thoroughly disappointed because I was hoping this might work. So now I don't know if I should even bother trying banding again or if this means banding isn't going to work for me ??? Is it the prolapsing that might have caused the band to fall off ??? I can post pictures of what I'm dealing with but I'm not sure anyone wants to see this. They're really large, both in depth and circumference. I'm afraid if I don't get these taken care of, I'll be at stage 4 soon and in much worse shape. It actually looks like I have rectal tissue that's prolapsing too. I just don't know but I'm really desperate.

imageimage

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.