Rubbing Alcohol

Posted , 6 users are following.

I know you aren't going to believe this but I don't have a drinking problem, mostly I am on this forum just to learn how not to get addicted and to learn how to deal with my alcoholic family and I learn a lot here so thank you all. My question is has anyone drank rubbing alcohol and got sick. I've been using rubbing alcohol on my skin a couple times a week for a couple of months and then felt sick and dizzy today. I've never drank it but I read today it can be absorbed in the skin and I didn't know that so I'm wondering if I have alcohol poisoning. I wiped my hands and arms down a lot last night and didn't feel dizzy then but today I felt dizzy. Anyone know how it feels to get sick from it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I doubt this very much. You should not be affected. Your skin absorbs less than one gramme or millilitre. Still odd for certain.
  • Posted

The only way it could possibly affect you is by breathing in vapour whilst rubbing it in, and even if you huffed it really hard, I doubt you would get any sort of reaction. Love your passion to learn about the issue and help your Family though. smile 
    • Posted

Sometimes I get dizzy from hand sanitizer when I use it to clean my hands. I've been cleaning my hands so often with the rubbing alcohol to avoid the flu that I'm thinking I got too much. 100 percent can be absorbed through skin and from the store it's about 60 - 90 percent pure. Not feeling dizzy today. Thanks for comments it helped. Going to stick to soap and water.

• Posted

I don't have anything to add about the rubbing alcohol, but you might want to look up The Sinclair Method for the benefit of your family. There's a documentary called "One Little Pill" that's available on Tubi TV that talks about TSM and some of the people who have used it. 

• Posted

Thanks I have a family member who's over 60 but has been drinking steadily for 40. Tried intervention at 35 but she wasn't interested. Shes high functioning and just thinks she has a "glass" of wine to de stress after work. I think her intake is less but only because she gets wasted on small amounts due to years of use. She really is uninterested in changing. She's Incorporated the regular use into her life. Not interested in arguing if that's what she wants to do is drink. It has really changed her personality into a very angry person. Who is very occasionally happy but only when she's drinking. I've moved on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.