Rumble in right ear, comes and goes.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've had this problem in my right ear for almost a year now, it started after I got the flu. During that time, both of my ears became blocked and really sore. Not long after recovering from it I was out driving along the freeway with the window down and when I stopped I noticed the rumbling which i thought was due to the drive. It went away after a while but then later in the week it came back while I was at home not really doing anything that I can think of that would trigger it.

It now comes and goes, sometimes faint and other times really loud, sometimes its continuous and sometimes it pulses, I'll go to bed just fine but sometimes wake up with it rumbling really loud and vice versa. Nine out of ten times just after I've been driving, I turn off the engine and notice a low rumble but that sometimes fades away not long after getting out of the car. It's really starting to drive me insane.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.