Running low grade fever after extreme mental and physical on going stress

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,,, so I have had CFS for about 17 years and usually pretty good at pacing and keeping myself going at a pretty good pace... You all now what that means especially long time sufferers!!! So I contracted a virus or bacteria that attacked my inner ear and gave me vertigo real bad and ringing in my ears,, thought it was hormones!!! Exhaustion started up immediatly then boom out of nowhere started running a low grade fever also,,, had forgotten about the fever thing,, Because the last time I had a fever with my CFS was at the beginning of my disease 17 years ago and it lasted for almost a year....Has this happened to any of you in a flare,,, this one feels really, really bad!!! xxxx

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I too have had ME for a long time, almost 20 years. I do not often get infections, though it started with a pneumonia, I get allergies instead. But, exhaustion and overdoing it heavily can provoke a light fever along with a lot of other symptoms as I have experienced, and also read at some point. But it passes.

I think there is hope that yours will too, once the infection is over. Good luck with it 😃

• Posted

Were you prescribed Fluorouinolones/Cipro for you pneumonia as ME/CFS symptoms are difficult to distinguish from fluoroquinolone toxicity syndrome.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply,,, epstein barr started mine then I got hashimotos which I diagnosed on my own... Had fever back then,, Still go through flares but not with low grade fevers,, ether that or I am over medicated on my thyroid medication,, everything is always a big mystery with cfs... I kinda forgot about it for awhile now I have to pay for the over doing it!!!! Ive had pneumonia once also and the doc said your to young and I am 50 and I felt like saying u are never to young with CFS!!! right xxx to you

• Posted

I too have had ME long enough to manage pretty well. I recall two big effects when overstressed - fibromyalgia and chemical sensitivity.

A more common symptom for me is a faux fever, it feels like i have one, but the thermometer shows nothing.

• Posted

Thank u Tooley for your reply,,, This fever thing has me baffled, sometimes you just needto feel u are not alone!!!

• Posted

Heck, YES! During a 2-3 day flare up I feel so badly I begin wishing to be unconscious, seriously drugged, or dead, depending on how severe the symptoms become.

• Posted

Maybe we should hand together jeff,,, but mine last for a couple months,, xxxx

• Posted

you know I am kidding,,, nobody else really wants to hang with us at rock bottom fatigue right??? just trying to make light of this stressful stuff....

• Posted

We all need a sympathetic somebody who can listen to how we are coping or not with our illness. During the first 5 yrs. of this life-sentence I had a good friend visit with me every week for an hour or two of getting down to the real nitty- gritty and working out what we can do and not do to get through each day. Then, he moved. I started to see a psychologist but felt weird paying somebody to listen to my problems. I spend a lot of time praying for understanding and patience. I have made some new friends at a Bible Study at a local church. I think I'm on the right path for now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.